Cashless Ukraine Summit
Economic Development and Levers for Growth Acceleration
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Fairmont Grand Hotel
1 Naberezhno-Khreshchatytska Street. Kyiv, Ukraine
The second Ukrainian Cashless Summit initiated by Visa continuous the topic of cashless development in Ukraine. Gathering all stakeholders, representing key spheres (governments and public sector, academia, international and local businesses, international organizations and banks), Visa revives the public discussion in order to suggest following steps in the development of the Ukrainian economy. Summing up the insights achieved during the previous Cashless Summit, event participants will try to outline the essential steps for the Ukrainian cashless agenda.
Objective of the Summit: Each of three panels, wrapping around the most important spheres, such as retail, industry, new economy and SMEs, will suggest the following steps for the national Cashless strategy to lever market growth acceleration and set key trends to follow. Paying more attention to the overwhelming role of different types of businesses, experts will suggest key trends to follow, both nationally and regionally, to ensure the sound and explosive economic development.
*The invited speakers list pending final confirmation with the participants
9.00-9.30 Registration. Welcome Coffee
9.30-9.45 Inspiring Remarks
- YAKIV SMOLII, NBU, First Deputy Governor
- Dmytro Krepak, Regional Manager for CIS&SEE, Visa
9.45-9:50 Intro Video. International Economy Global Trends.
9.50-10:25 Panel 1 – Traditional Channels of Economy. Rethinking the Ukrainian Market
Moderator: DANIEL BILAK, Managing Partner, CMS Cameron McKenna; Chief Investment Adviser to the Prime Minister
Panel description: Sound financial sector is one of the key points for the economic recovery of Ukraine. Strengthening the traditional channels of economy and introducing new payment technologies to retail and industries –these measures are essential to ensure strong economic background and financial sector. How to rethink the role of traditional economic players in cashless development, where is now the reforming process in terms of cashless economy frameworks – experts will comprehensively look into these important questions.
Objective of the panel: to outline key points of the current reformation process, positively affecting further cashless development of the traditional industries, on which Ukraine shall focus on in the nearest year
- DMYTRO KREPAK, Visa regional manager in Ukraine, Georgia and Armenia
- ROBERT BOND, USAID, Head of the Financial Sector Transforming Project
GEORGE KENT, Deputy Chief of Mission of the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine
- DMYTRO sologub, NBU, Deputy Governor
- ANDRIY PYSHNYI, Chairman of the Board, Oschadbank
- Satu Kahkonen, World Bank Country Director for Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine
- Grzegorz Hmelyarsky, McDonalds Ukraine, CEO
10.25-10.35 Video Block
10.35-10.45 Panel 2 – New Segments of Economy: Role of Cashless
Panel description: As all global processes rapidly move online, e-Commerce becomes a vital part both of the global and national economy. New segments of economy, such as cyber sports or IQ, IoT and fintech are confidently changing our world, providing new opportunities for economy growth. Such businesses as Uber or AirBNB are driving Ukrainian economy faster than ever. The panel is aimed to outline the ways to attract leading innovative players, where Ukrainian leading businesses shall move forward and what is the role of cashless in this process.
Objective of the panel: to outline essential steps how to help in making Ukrainian market ready for world’s leading new economy players, and how to make Ukrainian innovative business attractive for international partnership.
Moderator: Andy Hunder, American Chamber of Commerce, President
Introduction speech by moderator
10.45-11.20 Speech by Leszek Balcerowicz, Professor, Warsaw School of Economy
10.45-11.20 Panel 2: Panelists part
- Jerome Vacher, IMF Resident Representative in Kyiv
- Olivier Grémillon, airbnb, Managing Director, EMEA
- david mika, Booking.com, Regional Manager, Russia, CIS, Baltics, Ukraine
- SVIATOSLAV KOMAKHA, Portmone, CEO
- Oleksandr Shlapak, PrivatBank, Chairman of the Board
- Georges Massoud, McKinsey Ukraine, Managing Partner
- OKSANA MARKAROVA, Deputy Minister of Finance
- Tymofiy Mylovanov, Honorary President, Kyiv School of Economy
11.20-11.30 Panel 3: SME as a Key Driver of National Economy
Speech by moderator: Anna Derevyanko (EBA)
Panel description: Given the decentralization the main trend in global development, SMEs and startups are becoming a vital part of the national economic ecosystem. The main objective of the strong national economy is to provide support and ensure growth of SMEs, having the most solid potential to drive cashless development of the state. How to support SMEs and to encourage them to become cashless ambassadors, what are the main world trends, and which challenges faces Ukraine in this regard: the panel in aimed to raise all these questions.
Objective of the panel: to suggest ways how to encourage SMEs to become cashless ambassadors in Ukraine
11.30-11.40 Video interview – Paul Romer, World Bank Chief Economist
11.40-12.15 Panel 3: Panelists
- Igor Smilyanskiy, Acting Head, Ukrposhta
- VOLODYMYR LAVRENCHUK, Chairman of the Board, Raiffeisen Bank Aval
- VOLODYMYR FEDORIN, Founder of Bendukidze Free Market Center
- STELA MELNIC, EBRD, Head Of Regional Programme, SME Support and Development
- NataliYa MykOlska, Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Trade – Trade Representative of Ukraine
- Ivan Liptuga, Head of Tourism and Resorts Department of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine
- Christopher Burghardt, Head of Policy and Communications, Uber EMEA
- Sergiy tigipko, Tascombank, TChairman of the Supervisory Board
- Uttam Nayak, Senior Vice-President, Emerging Markets Digital, Visa CEMEA
12.15-12.30 Closing remarks by Yakiv Smolii
12.30-13.30 Buffet. Cashless Stations. Networking